LAST UPDATED: October 16, 2012
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We may collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact information such as name, email address, street address, and phone number
- Billing information such as credit card number and billing address
- Demographic information such as age, gender, interests, country and zip code
- Unique identifiers such as user name and password
- Preference and other information such as product wish lists, order history, marketing preferences and cell phone carrier
- Location information such as your actual or approximate location
We may use this information to:
- Send you requested updates and newsletters about J.Truly, or related special offers
- Send you requested product or service information
- Fulfill your order
- Send you an order confirmation
- Respond to customer service requests, questions and concerns
- Send you marketing communications
- Administer promotions and sweepstakes you enter and notify you of the results
- Improve our marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis
- Display content based upon your location and/or interests
- To provide location services such as “tagging” and “check-in”
Social Networks/Online Communities
We may also share your personal information:
- With J.Truly affiliates and representatives
- With third parties in whose products or services we think you may have an interest, with your prior consent to do so.
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government request
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so
You may choose to stop receiving newsletters, updates or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails. Some Sites also allow you to change your email preferences within your online profile.
We and our third party partners may automatically collect information as you browse our Site such as the domain name, Internet Service Provider, browser type and version, operating system and device type, average time spent on our Site, pages viewed, information accessed, the Internet Protocol (IP) address you use to connect to the Internet and related geographical information about your computer. Such information is sometimes referred to as web analytics and/or clickstream data.
We may use Flash cookies to store some of your preferences or personal information.
In some of our email messages, we may use “click-through URLs” or pixel tags to determine whether the email has been opened and to measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. This data may also be used to gauge your interest in particular topics, so we can deliver a more relevant, personal and convenient user-experience.
The security of your personal information is important to us. If you choose to use a third party payment option to pay for your order, its privacy statement and security practices will apply to your information. We encourage you to read that privacy statement before providing your information.
Updating Your Personal Information
To update your billing or shipping information for purchases, please follow the customer service instructions in your order confirmation email.
If you wish that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consent to Processing
This Site is operated in the United States. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect will be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using our Site, or providing us with any information, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States, a jurisdiction in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen.
Children – We do not attempt to collect any personal information from those under the age of 13. If you feel that we have unknowingly collected information from someone under the age of 13, please contact us immediately at email@example.com and this information will be removed.
Changes To This Policy
Copyright © 2012 J.Truly. All rights reserved.